Day Centre Services
Weekend Day Care
This is a day-care service for people diagnosed with dementia. We use the Elm Lodge and Sycamore Lodge centres to provide:
- A wide range of social and therapeutic activities to help maintain existing skills and develop new ones.
- A hot lunch-time meal meeting dietary and cultural needs.
- A safe environment in which personal care needs are met.
Transport is provided to and from the centres if needed – picking up from 9:30 am and returning by 4:30 pm.
Working Age Dementia Day Care
We run once a week day care for people of working-age with dementia at the Hobbayne Centre. Sessions held include:
- Activities which everyone can join in including exercise classes
- Day centre support for younger people with dementia so that their carers can have a short break
- Social contact and lunch/refreshments for everyone attending
There are regular trips to places of interest such as Kew Gardens, Brentford Steam Museum etc.
Carers get a break from caring and spend the time doing whatever they want to do. They use their time to shop, go to the gym, swim, meet up with friends for lunch/coffee/tea, have an undisturbed soak in the bath, work in the potting shed, take up a previous hobby, join a local club or attend meetings and religious events.
Carer’s Voice Newsletters
Information for carers, former carers, professionals & other interested people