Position: Chief Executive Officer
Organisation: Dementia Concern
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £45,000 – £50,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: London Borough of Ealing
Deadline: 21 March 2018
Dementia Concern is an independent charity that has been supporting people living with dementia and their carers in the London Borough of Ealing for 25 years.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Chief Executive Officer to lead the charity into the next phase of its development. In particular we are looking for someone who can support us to meet the challenge of Personalisation.
This is a varied and challenging role and our new Chief Executive Officer needs to be passionate about the needs of people living with dementia and their carers and have the skills and drive to lead a staff team of 70 people.
For an application pack please contact Devinder Lehal on 020 8568 4448 or email email@example.com
Deadline for completed applications: Wednesday 21 March 2018
Interviews have been arranged for: Monday 26 March 2018
Call and Care Manager (CQC Registered Manager)
Employer: Dementia Concern
Salary: £28,000 to £32,000 per annum
Hours: 35 hours per week
Responsible to: Operations Manager
Responsible for: 17 Care Attendants
Are you a Registered Care Manager looking to work with a long standing local charity supporting people living with dementia in Ealing and their carers.
The Dementia Concern Call and Care service offers respite care for carers through providing social interaction and activities to people living with dementia through a dedicated team of Care Attendants. We are looking for a registered manager with the drive and ambition to take the service forward. The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills and commercial acumen to get us ready for Personalisation and introduce charging.
Dementia Concern has been providing services for people living with dementia and their carers for 25 years and prides itself on offering innovative and high quality services. This post is an opportunity to specialise in a growing field working with a diverse and highly experienced team.
Purpose of the Post
The main purpose of the post is to manage the home respite of the charity Call and Care and prepare the service for Personalisation. Call and Care is a CQC registered service and provides a respite service for cares while providing social stimulation for the person living with dementia.
The main tasks of the post are to:
- Provide effective management of the day-to-day operations of the Call and Care Service.
- Co-ordinate referrals and carry out assessments, including risk assessments, for people with dementia and their carers.
- Undertake reviews of the needs of service users.
- As registered manager ensure that Call and Care complies with all relevant requirements including Health & Safety and the registered service standards laid out by the Care Quality Commission.
- Ensure agreed policies and practices are followed and develop new and updated policies and procedures in consultation with the Operations Manager.
- Prepare rotas, check and approve timesheets and annual leave requests.
- Maintain good records and statistical systems in accordance with the requirements of both the organisation and funding bodies to achieve targets.
- Manage the budget for the service and ensure value for money for service users and the organisation
- Liaise with other colleagues and relevant agencies on the specific needs of service users and share information if requested.
- Take responsibility for resolving service failures and complaints and reporting these to the Operations Manager.
- Introduce and implement of a new charging structure for Call and Care.
- Support the implementation of a new database for the service.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of Call and Care including outputs and outcomes.
- In conjunction with the Operations Manager develop the service and identify new marketing opportunities.
- Provide regular reports to the Operations Manager, Chief Executive Officer, the Board of Trustees and relevant funders.
- Provide effective line management of regular and bank staff including the recruitment, induction, supervision and appraisal of Care Attendants.
- Identify and review development opportunities, which will enhance the personal and professional competence of staff and service.
- Oversee relevant training for all staff.
- Plan, allocate and review the work of Care Attendants through their regular one-to-one supervision.
- Arrange and chair regular team meetings for Call & Care staff.
- Provide out-of-hours emergency support through an on-call system.
- Keep up to date with national and local trends and developments affecting people with dementia and their carers.
- Promote the organisation and its aims externally.
- Work in partnership with other organisations to promote awareness of dementia.
- Experience of working as a CQC registered manager
- Experience of running a home care or respite service
- NVQ 4/QCF Level 5 in Health and Social Care or willingness to work towards thisAt least 2 years’ experience of managing and supervising staff in a domiciliary setting
- Experience of assessing service user needs and carrying out risk assessments
- Understanding of Personalisation and its impact on direct service delivery
- Commercial awareness and ability to understand and manage budgets
- Knowledge and understanding of CQC regulatory framework
- Experience of monitoring and evaluating
- An interest in the field of dementia, the process of ageing and social care
- Capacity to work with service users, carers and the public
- IT skills including knowledge of databases and rota systems
- Good time management skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Willingness to work outside normal working hours (on rota system)
- Educated to degree level
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is Wednesday 21 March 2018
Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form
Notice to Applicants
Letter from the Chair
Carer's Voice Newsletters
Information for carers, former carers, professionals & other interested people