Dementia Concern work with five local partner charities to deliver a carers respite service throughout the London Borough of Ealing. This project is part-funded by Ealing Council.

Since launching in April 2019, the Consortium of charities continues to work together to better meet the needs of the community through providing a range of free and paid-for options. These include: 

  • Befriending services for cared-for people 
  • Remote support services 
  • Centre-based care for cared-for people 
  • Direct support for carers 

The partnership offers a range a services designed to match the needs of the client. 

At Dementia Concern, the free part of our service is delivered by trained volunteer befrienders who can visit the cared-for person in their home or take them out, allowing the carer to have a break. This service is suitable for clients who don't have any regulated care needs and who can be comfortably left alone with a volunteer for up to 2 hours. For clients with higher care needs, we also offer paid-for carers' respite delivered by professional care attendants through our Call and Care service. 

Dementia Concern can only support cared-for people with a diagnosis of dementia and their carers. However, other partners within the Consortium may also be able to support clients with dementia and have specialisms that enable them to support cared-for people experiencing a range of other health conditions and clients from a multitude of cultural backgrounds. Our charity partners include: 

Anyone can refer into the partnership so if you care for someone and you're looking for a break or know someone who is then please contact TuVida. This partner charity can tell you more about our services and help you find support that's most suited to you. 

Please call TuVida on 020 3137 6194 to find out more or email [email protected] to request a referral form. 

Alternatively, if you are already a Dementia Concern service user, your Dementia Adviser or Dementia Link Worker can refer you directly for our services. Please speak to them for more information and they will be able to make a referral on your behalf.